Needs Assessments / Data Discoveries
This is generally the first phase of any larger project . We are very adept at examining current business processes and procedures to see how work is currently being done, while keeping in mind the goals of the GIS. Since a typical GIS project involves the integration of data from many different departments or outside sources, we also examine how the enterprise-wide GIS will best serve each user. This process involves time on-site interviewing key personnel while observing how business is done. The deliverable for this phase is a summary document of current processes with recommendations on "how we get there from here".
Custom Application Development
Our forte is building custom web-based GIS solutions utilizing cutting edge development tools and technologies.
We like to think of the enterprise GIS as being the portal to many different types of data throughout the organization. This includes seamlessly displaying and interacting with the data in a traditional map viewing sense, as well as hooking it all up to other external systems and data that you may already have in place. A typical custom GIS can integrate the following types of data:
- Integration of spatial data. AutoCAD DWG, ESRI Shape and Coverage, Oracle Spatial, and many others.
- Integration of tabular data. Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server and Access, and any other systems that you may employ.
- Integration of raster data. Aerial and satellite imagery, USGS topographic maps.
- Integration of other external and legacy systems.
We are experienced with and utilize the following technologies when creating custom GIS applications:
- Integration and customization using the new open-source MapGuide Open Source. MapGuide Open Source was contributed to the GIS community and is now owned and governed by the foundation. The software no longer has any ownership affiliation with Autodesk. Also, this software is of a completely different architecture than the "old" MapGuide and is the web map server software of the future.
- Integration and customization of your data with Google Earth and Google Maps.
- Using the ESRI ArcGIS suite of products and Safe Software FME for data editing and manipulation.
- Using Blue Marble Geographic Transformer, PCI Geomatica, Raster Design and Photoshop for raster imagery manipulation.
- Autodesk's suite of GIS products including Autodesk Map, MapGuide, and Envision.
- Server-side processing using languages such as ASP.NET, standard ASP, Java/JSP, PHP and Macromedia ColdFusion.
- Further expertise in the MapGuide Dynamic Authoring Toolkit, SDF COM Toolkit and the LiteView servlet. Experienced in integration of LiteView with Apache Jakarta Tomcat and Macromedia JRUN.
- Familiar with the OpenGIS Consortium (OGC) Web Mapping Service specifications and working with XML map file formats.
- Oracle Spatial and other spatial database technologies. Expert Structured Query Language (SQL) programmers and experience with PL/SQL, writing triggers, stored procedures, etc.
We are now offering Trimble GeoExplorer data collector integration and customization services. If you have a need for collecting GPS positions along with project specific attribute information, we can help. From utility inventory projects to pipeline cathodic protection systems to environmental sampling, we can customize the Trimble units to work the way you need. This includes the setup of the data dictionary for attribute capture, importing of existing GIS data such as satellite or vector data to use as a background, and the integration of captured information back into your enterprise GIS system.
Need technical support for your MapGuide project? Stuck with the API and need some help beyond what the users groups can provide? Please contact us if you'd be interested in a telephone and email pay-as-you-go support contract. In most cases, the money spent on this type of support is far less than the time you would lose without an experts help. We have years of experience developing custom MapGuide applications, and chances are, we have experienced and worked through any problems you may be having. Our expert support staff is much more experienced and expedient than support you would receive directly from Autodesk.
We have instructors with years of teaching experience in the GIS and CAD disciplines. Since we also do project work on a daily basis, just like you, we are particularly good at putting together custom training courses. We find that it is very effective to start with some of your data and questions and build a class for your employees around that. This allows them to be working with information they are familiar with and to focus on only the instruction needs that pertains to the way you do business. This is easily the most cost effective way to do training as you are not subjected to the information you don't need as you would in a "by the book" class. We offer custom and standard training in the following subjects:
- The New MapGuide Open Source - Custom Training and jump-start services
- MapGuide Fundamentals
- MapGuide Advanced which includes API training
- MapGuide Dynamic Authoring Toolkit
- MapGuide LiteView
- AutoCAD Map
- AutoCAD Map, MapGuide and Envision with Oracle Spatial
For more information on any of these classes, please contact us and we can provide you with a formal price quote and syllabus. If you need training in other topics, such as core AutoCAD or Land Desktop, we can recommend one of our highly respected partners to you.